Poetry published in Twyckenham Notes has won a Pushcart, has been named among the finalists for the Best of the Net Anthology, and the magazine was a finalist for a 2019 Firecracker Award for Best Debut Magazine. We are interested in poetry of all styles, but none in which the writer-reader connection is lost entirely. Edgy is good; so is heart. We want kinetic poetry with lifeblood and plenty of momentum. The best way to get a feel of what we like is to visit one of our past issues. We nominate published work for all major literary awards.
Poets will be awarded $25 per accepted poem.
- Please send up to 5 poems in a single .doc or .docx file. Please, no PDFs.
- Please do not include any identifying information on the poems themselves. All work will be read blind.
- Simultaneous submissions are encouraged. We accept previously unpublished work only.
- Include a third person bio and previous publications in the cover letter box in Submittable.
- Poems must be in English. One poem per page. Use a standard font.
- If you need to make a correction to your submission, please DO NOT withdraw. Notify us of the changes through the messaging system in Submittable and we will correct your submission.
Poets of all backgrounds are welcome to submit to TN. Poetry that promotes or glorifies racism, sexism, or homophobic ideals will be rejected outright.
Twyckenham Notes acquires First North American Serial Rights, the right to archive your work online, use in promotional materials, and to reprint as part of an anthology. If your work is subsequently published elsewhere (in a book of poems or anthology), please mention that it first appeared here.
We look forward to reading your work!