Featured Artists are highlighted on the front page (Spotlight section), are published on the Notes page, archived, and shared on social media.
The only criteria is excellence.
- Send up to 7 poems in a single .doc or .docx file
- If sending long poems, please limit your submission to 14 pages.
- Send up to ten pieces of scanned or photographed artwork as attachments.
- We are particularly interested college art that shows a clear vision and demonstration of a singular, unique aesthetic. All other forms of art-making welcome.
- Photography will be considered.
- We prefer submissions which stand together as part of a series.
SHORT FICTION & ESSAY
- Send up to one short fiction or one essay in a single .doc or .docx file.
- We are interested in essays demonstrating critical theory, especially when applied to art. But this can be as serious or playful as you like. Also, essays that explore the challenges facing the vulnerable of our society are needed.
- If you are an unsigned singer-songwriter, we want to hear your best original songs. Send audio files only.
See past work here.
All available services are listed below. Please submit all work in a single document. Submitted work must be in English. Please provide a cover letter explaining your project, any specific feedback you are looking for, as well as a biographical statement so that we can learn a little about you. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
SINGLE POEM CONSULTATION
- Submit a single poem for line edits and feedback from the Editors. $10
POETRY & FICTION PACKETS
- This service includes: general proofreading, line editing, conceptual suggestions and impressions, suggestions for improvement on the poems, ten submission suggestions.
- $40 for up to 15 pages of poetry or fiction.
POETRY: CHAPBOOKS & FULL-LENGTH MANUSCRIPTS
LEVEL ONE: General proofreading, line editing, poem order suggestions, conceptual feedback, title suggestions, submission suggestions
- Chapbooks (up to 48 pages) - 1 to 2 month turn-around (or sooner) - $125
- Full-length manuscripts (48 to 85 pages recommended) - 1 to 2 month turn-around (or sooner) - $275
LEVEL TWO: Full package: General proofreading, line editing, poem order suggestions, conceptual feedback, title suggestions, submission suggestions, 30-60 minute phone/video consultation upon first completion, 2nd reading with feedback upon completion of self-revisions.
- Chapbooks (up to 48 pages) - 1 to 2 month turn-around (or sooner) - $225
- Full-length manuscripts (48 to 85 pages recommended) - 1 to 2 month turn-around (or sooner) - $400
Consultations will be completed by poet and editor John Leonard. Here is some feedback from past consultations:
"This experienced revived and encouraged me."
"I really appreciated comments that weren't directive but were more of a discussion, as they helped me see my own work more deeply."
"I was really happy with this whole process. It was amazing to receive such an engaged, personal response, and in good turnaround time, just when I'd been getting discouraged by the alienating and mystifying effects of rejection."
We know you take great care with your writing. It is our goal to help you become a better writer. You can expect your writing to be met with the respect and care it deserves. We are excited to offer this service and to provide meaningful feedback. We look forward to reading your work!